Tuesday 20 March 2018

Chicken and prosciutto tortellini

Hey,

On Sunday the family were over for tea (dinner, depending on geography) and I made a roast chicken.

No picture sorry.

As my partner isn't a fan of soup or stews...but likes broth...go figure! And I didn't want the rest of the bird to be wasted I had to get a little creative.

So yesterday I cooked the what was left of the bird in a slow cooker on high for 4 hours.

I then strained the liquor into a clean pan and picked the meat off the bones.

I chopped up the meat, combined it with diced prosciutto and some creme fraiche to bind.

I used that to fill bitesize tortellini which I served with the reduced liquor and a few drops of truffle oil.

The pasta take a little while to put together but it was all pretty quick and easy....and cheap!

Would you do something with your roast carcass? Or does it all go in the bin?

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment